Vampires are evil creatures with long fangs that suck the blood from their victims. Or, sometimes they are sparkly and filled with angst. Either way, they have been a favorite for many years. If you have been a fan of vampires, believe you are a vampire, or think of monsters as a metaphor for your life, then maybe you should get a tattoo that represents them.
Here are some vampire tattoo design ideas
Vampire tattoo design ideas based on Dracula. Bram Stoker wrote the novel “Dracula” and pretty much began the decade’s long fad. Fans of the original vampire, as created by Stoker, should look to this book and early movies to come up with vampire tattoo design ideas.
1) Old vampires, such as Dracula, always wore a black cape, had slicked back hair, pale skin, and long fangs. Any vampire tattoo design of a Dracula should look like this. For real fans, create a tattoo of Bela Lugosi as Dracula.
2) Stoker’s Dracula also gave us Van Helsing, the professor who helps hunt the vampire down. If you are the hero in your vampire tales, then maybe create a tattoo design of Van Helsing. He can look like a professor, or dress him up like a hunter we see in movies and TV shows today, decked out with weapons and no nonsense look on his face.
3) Stoker’s Dracula could turn into a bat. A good vampire tattoo design could be of a vampire bat with fangs dripping blood. Or, do a back tattoo of bat wings, making you the vampire turned bat.
Vampire tattoo designs based on Vlad the Impaler. Vlad the Impaler got his nickname because of how he liked impaling his enemies on stakes. At one point during a war, Vlad was able to get the enemy army to leave without a fight because Vlad had thousands of men, women, and children impaled on stakes for all to see.
What does this have to do with vampire tattoo designs? Bram Stoker got his idea for Dracula because of this man. Vlad’s father was a member of a group called “The Order of the Dragon” which upheld chivalry and Christianity. Similar to the Knights of the Round Table. Vlad’s father was called “Dracul” which meant “Dragon,” and Vlad was nicknamed “Dracula” which means “Son of the Dragon.”
1) For the very morbid, create a vampire tattoo design of someone being impaled on a stake. This is similar to how vampires are killed with a stake through the heart.
2) Vlad the Impaler was a mighty warrior who fought hard for his country. He was a prince as well. A neat vampire tattoo design could mix the themes of Dracula and Vlad the Impaler. The vampire could be dressed a knight, but have fangs, bat wings, and blood dripping from his mouth.
Vampire tattoo design ideas based on Elizabeth Bathory.
Elizabeth Bathory is also considered one of the first vampires of history. She believed that bathing in the blood of virgins would keep her young forever. She would lure young women to her home, tie them upside down, and slit their throats. The blood would pour into the tub, and Bathory would bathe in it. It is believed that she sometimes drank the blood as well.
1) The best vampire tattoo design of Elizabeth Bathory would be of her relaxing in a blood-filled tub, one leg draped over the side, and goblet of blood in her hand. Have her mouth dripping with blood. Of course, she must be young and beautiful, because that blood is keeping her that way.
2) For those who want to take this vampire tattoo design even further should have a dangly dead virgin above the bath, the blood dripping from her neck.
Cute and silly vampire tattoo design ideas.
Maybe you didn’t want something morbid and filled with lots of blood. Maybe vampires to you are cutesy, or perhaps you want something cute but creepy. If so, here are some vampire tattoo design ideas for you:
1) Create a vampire tattoo design of an attractive female vampire. Put her in a black dress, with bat wings. Make sure she has long hair, but an angelic face. If you want, have her holding a voodoo doll. If this is too sweet for you, have the cute little vampire’s teeth and mouth covered in blood.
2) If you love cereal and zombies, create a tattoo design of Count Chocula. This is only for fans that don’t want to be taken seriously.
3) Again, for those who love silliness, how about a vampire tattoo of the Count from Sesame Street? Just make sure to have him counting or numbers around him.
Using the sun for vampire tattoo design ideas. The movie “Nosferatu” first made us believe that vampires die from the sunlight. The sun is a common tattoo design but can be made more interesting by including a vampire.
1) Create a tattoo design of a vampire in the sun. He would be dying, and it would be a horrible sight. His hands could be up, trying to shield himself from the light. Maybe his body is in flames.
2) For anyone who fights against the odds, who has won an unbeatable battle, this is the vampire tattoo design for you: Create a vampire of your making. He can be a cool, leather jacket, hands in a jeans pocket. She could be in a beautiful dress. He could be Dracula-esque. She could be a biker chick. He could look like a demon vampire with pointy ears and claws. Either way, place your vampire in sunglasses. Also, have him standing beneath a blazing sun, but completely unaffected. Have the word “Invincible” written beneath.
A few more vampire tattoo design ideas. Still, need a plan? Here’s some more:
1) A tattoo of teeth marks in the neck. Try to find an artist who can make it look as real as possible.
2) Create a tattoo of a stake in your chest, right over your heart.
3) A simple tattoo of vampire teeth anywhere on the body.
4) A tattoo of a vampire sucking blood from a victim. Make the sexes of these two what you want. You do not need to conform to any ideas of a male vampire and helpless female victim. Women can be vampires, too, and their victims could be male or female. Same with male vampires, they could have male victims.
Traits of the Vampire, Dr. Elizabeth Miller
Elizabeth Bathory, Elizabethan-era.org
Images from Reddit.com